A short tutorial on how to write a thank you email after an interview.
This is a simple tutorial providing simple steps to write a Follow up email after interview. A lot has changed about the job interview process over the past few years. Nowadays most hiring managers pay very close attention to how you thank them after an interview. Though there are changes in interview processes over the years, one thing that hasnt changed, is the need to send a thank you note to your interviewers, to express your appreciation for the opportunity. A sample job interview thank you email is provided below for your reference.
Follow the below simple steps to write your thank you note:
1. Start your follow up as soon as possible after the interview. Its good to send it within 24 hours of the interview and confirm your interest.
2. Include all your interviewers. It is better to send group email than sending separate emails to each manager.
3. Its always good to know all the interviewers names or to get their business cards while leaving the meeting.
4. Include the name of the position in the subject line, and the words "thank you" to make the hiring manager to give priority to your email.
5. Remind the interviewer of your qualifications and offer links to your online portfolios and other professional sites and networks in the email.
6. Dont repeatedly hound the managers with your follow-up emails. One thank you email and a follow-up a week are more than enough.
7. Dont include personal social media profiles that contain unprofessional pictures.
8. Dont be too casual. Be professional. Include no memes, internet acronyms, etc.
9. Avoid grammatical mistakes. Read it twice before you click the "send" button.
Below is the sample Thank you email after interview template:
Subject: Reg. Interview for [Designation] Post. Thank You!
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name,
Thank you so much for meeting with me today amid your busy schedule. I enjoyed speaking with you today. It was pleasure to learn about my team and the position, and I'm very much excited about the opportunity to join [company name] and help the team to bring in new clients and pursue more new opportunities. In addition to my enthusiasm, I can assure you assertiveness and the ability to encourage others to work cooperatively with the department.
I am very interested in working for [Company Name] and looking forward to hear from you about the next steps in the hiring process. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any more additional information.
Make use of this